Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crib Complete!

We had a busy few days, recently, that have kept me from posting and the both of us from getting a few things done. Before I get into that, however, I want to address the question that is most concerning everyone who might be reading this: the baby is apparently the size of the average sweet potato this week.

Astounding, I know.

Moving on: We made a trip to South Florida this past weekend to attend my sister's wedding (which was great!), and along the way Veronica got her hands on some very nice maternity clothes via my cousin. There were train rides, dancing, seeing all sorts of people, and playing with little kids as well as very little babies.

Now we're back in town, and have officially gotten signed up for birthing classes with the woman we met with before. JC Penney also, without ever really getting back to us on the matter, sent us two of the replacement part we needed for the crib and those were waiting for us when we got back in town.

Last night my lovely wife put the last parts of the crib together while I was still in class, with this being the final result (although the mattress is still in the plastic and we haven't put on any of the bedding or anything).

The Crib Complete 1

The Crib Complete 2

The Crib Complete 3

It looks great, and it feels like with the addition of this simple bit of furniture we've taken a big step towards making the whole situation more real. I can't wait until the week of May 6th, when we'll get to see the baby again and likely discover whether we've got a little boy or little girl on the way; it's probably the thing I'm looking forward to most at the moment, which may be dangerous considering that's the same week as the first of my finals.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment