Sunday, May 23, 2010

Parties and the Distribution of Loot

We are now entering Week 24 (or thereabouts). All aboard!

At this stop the baby is still roughly the size of a papaya; apparently Weeks 21-25 are a time period where the site I've been linking to throws up its hands and says, "Eh, it's somewhere in there." We can work with that, though.

I'm just waiting until they make the pineapple comparison; that'll be fun.

This past week saw some big things happening in our world, concluding with a visit from my parents, my sister, and Veronica's mom. It would be something of an understatement to say that it was fun, and one of the first things that happened was my mom showing off the various baby clothes of mine that she'd found and cleaned since last we spoke.

All of the Old Baby Clothes

All of those were mine at one point. In fact the little blue ones on the right, I haven't specifically checked the others, have my initials in tiny little letters on the inside.

Sailboat Baby Clothes
Giraffe Baby Clothes

I have to note that the lighting when taking things with my phone camera is pretty awful, and the clothes are actually in pretty much perfect condition (ok, there might be a little wear and tear that I take no responsibility for) even if they don't look so in these pictures. It might also be worth it to click through to the originals and see them at a larger size.

Veronica's mom also brought down some bedding from my cousin Erin, and we got that set up in the crib. It looks great, and the nursery seems to be getting more baby-ready every day!

The Crib With Bedding

If you look in the upper right hand corner you can see the teddy bear that I had when I was a kid, which I've generally kept with me over the years; he lived on a shelf in my old room for a long long time, but during one of my moves I discovered him and he moved to my dresser before floating around. Now he's set up shop, loose yarn hanging from his nose for 25+ years, in the new nursery.

Everyone got to spend time together, and baby Michael (a name I think will finally pass from me) was active enough that my dad got to feel a pretty solid kick through Veronica's stomach. The kid has been making his presence known pretty clearly this last week or two, not least of which by sort of jamming himself against her right side and staying there, but she's taking it in stride and it's obvious she loves it even when it's annoying.

In other news, two of our closest friends have just announced that they're expecting as well, looking at a January due date. We're really really happy for them, as they both seemed really excited about it, and more than a little bit happy that we'll have someone to go through some of this with and talk to and hopefully set up play-dates with and all of that.

Also, it's just plain awesome incredible news all around. If either of you is reading this, congratulations again!

All-in-all, it was a week to remember in the best possible way and I have awesome sensational friends and family to thank for it.

Tomorrow Veronica gets another check-up and I will keep all abreast of any new developments either exciting or mundane.

If you're curious about the stricken words, I apparently use the word awesome so much (especially recently) that it infected my sister's speech during her visit. Here's me attempting to be even more awesome fantastic than normal. Bonus points if you notice a trend in my replacement words.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love your blog, love keeping up! Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you two! Love ya and miss ya. Congrats on your graduation from law school...what a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete